Posted on 2nd April 2019 at 16:54
The team at Portlantis are a cross-section of regular people who are focused on supplying our customers with top quality logo’d gear – we don’t spend our spare time hugging trees or worrying about wearing leather shoes (although that’s fine for those who want to) - BUT we do all care about the environment so we wondered what steps we could take – as part of our everyday working lives – to “do our bit” to respect Planet Earth a little bit more?
We have signed up to a great Exeter-based initiative called Grow Green. Matt and the team at Grow Green simply ask businesses to pledge to follow some basic principles. It’s really not that difficult, and in fact Portlantis is even ahead of the game in some areas. The principles are –
• Recycle waste where possible
• Limit plastic consumption
• Limit energy consumption and/or use renewable alternatives
• Encourage and/or reward green commuting
• Allow remote working where possible
• Give local companies an opportunity to tender for business
• Reducing paper use, more effective ways to work online
• Reducing water consumption
View our GROWGREEN homepage HERE.